Welcome! Are you ready to escape the daily grind and go bush for women’s cancer? We’re taking the Cherish Challenge to the red centre of Australia by trekking the iconic Larapinta Trail in 2021.
With restrictions on international travel due to COVID-19, we’ve all been encouraged to explore our own backyard. Why not get out there for a good cause? By signing up for the Larapinta Cherish Challenge 2021 you’ll help Cherish fund research that gives hope to thousands of women and girls with gynaecological cancer in Australia. Plus, you’ve got months to plan, get fit and fundraise. Come on, do it for yourself and others!
There are three treks available:
1. The three-day challenge from 15-17 June 2021
2. The seven-day challenge from 3-9 June 2021
3. The seven-day challenge from 24-30 June 2021
The rewards for trekking either three or six days will be great. Imagine exploring this rugged terrain, sharing the Larapinta Trail with like-minded adventurers or your family, swimming in remote rivers, sleeping under a blanket of stars, and knowing you’ve done your bit to raise vital funds for much-needed research.
We need people like you to make a difference in the lives of women and girls with gynaecological cancer.
If you can’t make the trek, consider making a donation to one of the registered CrowdRaiser’s below.
Each year in Australia, 6,000 women and girls are diagnosed with gynaecological cancer. One-third of these women will not do well. We urgently need to improve the odds of surviving gynaecological cancer, and the most effective way is through research. Our teams of researchers are ready. They are only limited by the funds available.
How will your fundraising help?
You’ll be helping the 6,000 women and girls diagnosed with gynaecological cancer each year and their families.
- 100% of the money raised will support research that improves survival rates, treatments and ways to detect and prevent gynaecological cancer. There are successful research trials that have changed how doctors treat patients and which would never have started without fundraising support. Currently, research trials in uterine, ovarian and vulval cancer need funding. These projects will address impactful research problems, some of which have been unsolved for more than 30 years.
- You and Cherish will raise awareness that saves lives. The more women know about this disease and its symptoms, the more likely they are to see their doctor if something’s not right. Awareness will help prevention.
- You’ll show your support to women and girls across the world. Unlike breast cancer, gynaecological cancer is not well-known or understood. Often women diagnosed with it face unnecessary stigma and embarrassment. By fundraising, you’re saying to each of them, “I am with you.”
Are you with us for the Cherish Challenge Larapinta 2021?
Or contact our travel tour operator Huma Charity Challenge on 1300 792 501 or email Megan Harris at firstname.lastname@example.org with your queries.