From the moment you register for a Cherish Trek adventure until you return safely home, we will be with you every step of the way. We will offer support with advice, tools, resources and fundraising ideas to help you achieve your goals. We also know that if you plan ahead and break your fundraising down into manageable chunks, you’ll enjoy the rewards.
Making a difference
Together we are raising funds for Cherish’s nominated research partner – the Queensland Centre for Gynaecological Research (QCGC Research). This is your opportunity to help the 6,000 women and girls diagnosed with gynaecological cancer in Australia each year. QCGC Research works to find less invasive diagnosis and treatment for these cherished women. Read more.
Top five fundraising tips
- Start early. Kick off your fundraising now to raise $10,000.
- Mix it up. A variety of exercise is the best way to get fit, right? The same applies to fundraising. Check out the ideas below and mix up your team efforts.
- Keep the ‘fun’ in fundraising. Yes, we are raising funds for a very serious cause. But there’s still fun involved. Fun and humour are a great way to connect with others.
- Challenge yourself and get your family and friends to help you. Everyone hits a fundraising plateau or wall at some point. Talk to your family and friends for some motivation and encouragement and get their ideas on helping you raise these funds.
- Remember every dollar counts. Some of the most critical international research trials have begun with limited funding. We celebrate every donation – big and small – because it all makes a difference.
Here are some fundraising ideas from past events:
- Share a link to your fundraising page via your own social media accounts and ask your family and friends to support you by doing the same.
- Host morning or afternoon tea at your workplace for a gold coin donation and/or set up a swear jar for your co-workers.
- Ask if your employer will gift-match your donations to support your fundraising efforts.
- Organise a local community car wash or rope your local car wash in and for a percentage of the day’s proceeds, promote it to everyone you know.
- Hold a ‘guess the number of jellybeans or coffee beans in the jar’ competition.
- Ask for a donation in lieu of birthday or Christmas presents.
- Have a sausage sizzle or a lamington drive.
- Rope your training buddies in with a training session challenge for an extra fee.
- Offer a mini-goal if you achieve your target – for donations over $100 write the donor’s names on a flag and take a photo of the flag when you reach Base Camp.
- Host a girls’ or boys’ night in – whether it’s for pampering or pizza (or both).