Total Raised So FarDonate
We are excited to announce The Battle 2017 date has been confirmed – Friday 17 March 2017 from 5.00pm. The Battle is a fun beach volleyball tournament first held in 2012 after a Queensland-based gynaecological cancer surgeon had a dream to create a fun, vibrant community event that would unite people of all ages and circumstances to raise money for much needed research into gynaecological cancer.
Update your calendar now, start organising your team and come up with a clever team name. Rather than leaving your fundraising to the last minute, why not start thinking of some fun ways to reach your 2017 fundraising target. And why not spread the word and have a few teams registered among friends and see who’s the best! A bit of friendly competition never hurt anyone.
Since 2012, the success of the Battle has been measured by the following indicators:
- 1870 men, women and children have gotten sandy for a good cause (average is 400 every year);
- 286 teams have joined together to have fun and share volleys;
- 12 sponsors have helped us over the three years (two have supported us from the beginning);
- Millions of smiles and laughs, thousands of hugs and handshakes and happy moments;
- More than $550,000 has been raised to support research into gynaecological cancer.