The Battle is a fun beach volleyball tournament first held in 2012 after a Queensland-based gynaecological cancer surgeon had a dream to create a fun, vibrant community event that would unite people of all ages and circumstances to raise money for much needed research into gynaecological cancer.
Up until 2015, it was called the Battle Against Ovarian Cancer, but everyone supporting the fun, inspiring event was commonly calling it just “The Battle”. In the typical Australian way, we shorten the names of things we love! So we’ve renamed the event this year to simplify our communications and refine our goals. Bring on The Battle!
Since 2012, the success of the Battle has been measured by the following indicators:
- 1485 men, women and children have gotten sandy for a good cause (average is 400 every year);
- 228 teams have joined together to have fun and share volleys;
- 12 sponsors have helped us over the three years (two have supported us from the beginning);
- Millions of smiles and laughs, thousands of hugs and handshakes and happy moments;
- More than $430,000 has been raised to support research into gynaecological cancer.
Registration is easy through this website, which utilises Everyday Hero as the platform for taking registration and payment details. This portal will ask you to set up an account with Everyday Hero (if you haven’t set one up already) and will help you through the process. Social teams not involved in the Corporate Battle Challenge are asked to raise $750 per team by the event date. Corporate Battle Challenge participants are asked to raise $2,500 per team by the event date.
A team leader should be nominated who will be a main point of contact for Cherish. Should you have any questions or issues with registering, please contact Cherish Women’s Cancer Foundation on 0488 333 723 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Log in if you’ve already registered