For many Australians, Christmas is a festive time! It’s a time when we give generously to the people we love as well as to other people facing difficulty. For thousands of women and girls with gynaecological cancer, Christmas can be a very difficult time:
- Some women face cancer treatment or uncertainty about their own future or their ability to start a family;
- Some women suffer in silence and feel lonely because they’re embarrassed to speak about gynaecological cancer with their family, friends and colleagues or they don’t wish to trouble others at this ‘festive’ time of year;
- Some families’ hearts are broken as they approach Christmas without a beloved grandmother, mum, wife, daughter, sister, niece or friend.
CHERISH FOUNDATION FIRST CHRISTMAS APPEAL TO RAISE $25,000
Cherish aims to raise $25,000 through its first Christmas Appeal for research. Your donation will support the Queensland Centre for Gynaecological Cancer Research to help fund vital life-changing research like the feMMe Trial. This research project aims to treat women with early-stage endometrial cancer less-invasively and ultimately help more women to retain their fertility.
One of our Cherish women is Nickita Pillay. At 17 years of age, Nickita was finishing school and looking forward to Christmas when she was diagnosed with gynaecological cancer. Today at 23 years old, Nickita is enjoying good health and happy days.
Nickita says: “For the sake of the women we Cherish, please donate this Christmas so we can continue to generate funding for research. I wouldn’t be here without it.”
Gynaecological cancer is nothing to be ashamed of – it can happen to any woman at any time.
Cherish Women’s Cancer Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation that helps fund research and education to:
- Reduce the incidence of gynaecological cancer – ovarian, endometrial, uterine, cervical, vaginal and vulval cancer;
- Reduce the number of women and girls who die from the disease;
- Improve the quality of life for women and girls after treatment.
There is always hope with Cherish, thanks to your kind support. Cherish welcomes all donations, large or small. Your tax-deductible donation this Christmas will ensure life-changing research and education can continue.
YOUR GIFT WILL GIVE HOPE TO THOUSANDS OF WOMEN AND GIRLS LIKE NICKITA. TOGETHER WE CAN FIND KINDER TREATMENTS FOR GYNAECOLOGICAL CANCER. PLEASE DONATE TODAY.